- To establish a home for orphan and needy children all over the nation.
- To arrange and cause to arrange a well managed girl children home (orphanage home) for their fundamental needs like food, shelter, clothes, health and better education to those helpless, orphan and very poor needy girl children.
- To provide and cause to provide skill oriented training to poor, helpless and disabled people for making them self dependant.
- To conduct adult education and women’s education to help social development.
Need in Nepal:
Moonlight Children�s Home established in April 2009 provides home for the abandoned, homeless and orphan children of Nepal located in Taukhel, Godawari – 06, Lalitpur, Nepal. MCH is registered (NGO) Non-government organization and non-profit organization with the aim to provide home, food, education, clothes, healthy environment and entertainment to the development of children so that they grow up to lead a normal life and a good citizen.
Nepal is a beautiful country of mountains and rich culture but sadly it’s one of the poorest country in the world. Poverty is one reason, which leads to so many homeless children here. Children in Nepal are abandoned and orphaned mostly due to poverty and social issues. Most of the population of Nepal dwells in the rural areas and the recent civil unrest confined to these areas has left many orphaned. Nepal suffered from conflict for about twelve years. During this period, many people lost their lives and many orphaned during the decade long Maoist conflict. Realizing these facts, this child home named �Moonlight Children�s Home� is established to improve the suffering of these children. In our patriarchal society female are dominated by the male society in each and every aspect of their life and to grab the opportunities as a whole. So this children�s home is especially for the protection of such kinds of needs and orphan girls.
Due to the increase in the number of children abandoned and orphaned every single day MCH plans to extend the capacity to in-house at least minimum 30 children. Moonlight Children�s Home started with 5 girls and the number has increased. Now we have 22 beautiful girls with us.
Poor, needy orphan children below 5 years of age, especially those who lost their both parents or have only one patent from a low caste who are dominate in Nepal. Project Vision: I (Moonlight Children�s Home Mother) lost my father when I was 3 years of age. He died due to not getting proper treatment on time because of our poverty. After that my mother brought me up with difficulties. When I become young, I started to feel like Jesus sent me on earth just to look after these children. So, I brought three of such children in my rented room Katmandu and started to live with no source of income we become compelled to send those children to their own home. If I got financial support from any individual or institution I would still like to serve such orphans so that they could lead a healthy and prosperous life, take independent decisions and be able to stand on their own in future. Spiritual Change: Would include an increase in awareness of who God is, of God�s concern for creation of how God cares for each person as an individual, and of how we should relate to our neighbors. Plan and activities: Strategy: To provide lodging, Fooding, education and healthy environment for the children, so that they could develop their life standard and become a good citizens of the nation.
- Take a home in rent which can accommodate five children, in the first year.
- Provide beds for them.
- Manage kitchen utilities and furniture like table, chairs, rack, gas stove and cylinder etc.
- Cupboard for clothes.
- Table and chair for study.
- Materials to manage the house.
- Food stuff pulses, rice, vegetable, oil, ghee, spices etc
- Fish, meat, milk and fruits
- Quilts, bed, bed sheet. Pillow etc.
- Curtain, carpet, towel etc.
- Dresses and uniforms for children.
- Shoes, slipper, soap, shampoo, brush and paste etc.
- Healths check up.
- School fee
- One poor and needy woman to work at home.
- Two woman in the entire management of home and take care of children.
- Two males for the security, care control, tuition tutor to help as a contribution.
- Manage necessary budget to celebrate Christmas.
- Manage separate room for official use.
- Arrange Two male and one Female staff as a volunteer.
- Telephone sets
- Free tuition
Note: Only five girls will be kept in the first year. This number will be increased by 5 in each coming year. By the end of sixth year there will be altogether 30 children. The annual budget will be increased by 10 percent (10%) according to the price hike. The total amount of first year budget should be double in the following years due to increase in the number of girls. Education up to class 10+2 for the children will be provided by home.
�The little children come to me, and do not forbid them, for of such is the kingdom of God.� MARK 10:14 Board
Presently we have 22 needy and orphan girls with us. We still have lots of Orphan girls around us so they really need our help and support.