We offer a variety of internship and volunteering programs in Volunteering Nepal to implement sustainable solutions which promote positive change for the lives of disadvantaged communities in Nepal. Volunteers will do various activities in the communities to take charge of their own development. We believe in building capacities through mutual relationships with communities based on trust and mutual understanding. Our programs take a holistic approach to development hinging these four main pillars. Volunteering in Nepal with VIN can make you select the most needed and good community, people and monastery for you.
By synthesizing local and international knowledge, We take a globally-minded and culturally sensitive approach to building the capacity of marginalized communities. We also manage volunteers for volunteering in Nepal for a social cause. They will have served the society, in the mean time volunteered as well.
We and our partners hope to achieve the following goals in Nepal through our volunteers who visit us for volunteering in Nepal:
- Make women self-reliant through a number of initiatives including literacy classes; income generation projects; saving and credits groups.
- Support and provide facilities facilitating the foundations of early childhood development.
- Provide basic health services, education & infrastructures through volunteer & internship projects and community health centers.
- Forming Children’s clubs within schools: a supportive non-formal environment through which children can learn about their basic rights through creative activities.
- Helping children who have suffered as a result of the conflict in Nepal to regain access to education.
- Sponsoring education for the disadvantaged including: orphans, victims of conflict and children from incapacitated families.
- Providing English language classes at youth clubs, with volunteer opportunities within their local community.
- Providing English teaching to school and within Buddhist monasteries and nunneries.
- Monitoring education standards, through teacher development workshops.
- Implementing resources and providing health care professionals to raise community awareness about pertinent health issues.
- Establishing a community which is open to all, with the aim to eradicate illiteracy and develop the professional capacities of the Nepalese.
- Supporting orphanages through both volunteer and financial support of education programs, and other fundamental necessities.
- Acquainting international volunteers with the riches of Nepali culture and ensuring a safe and memorable stay within a supportive environment.
- To provide safe affordable and structured volunteer work support for students and professionals.